Founded in Florence in 1860 as a workshop, shop and school of watch-making, for many decades
Panerai supplied the Italian Navy specialist diving corps with precision instruments. Originally created
to be used deep underwater, Panerai watches are known for their unparalleled legibility and luminosity
in the dark.
The designs developed by Panerai in that time, including the Luminor and Radiomir, were covered by the
Military Secrets Act for many years and were launched on the international market only after the brand
was acquired by the Richemont Group in 1997.
Today Panerai develops and crafts its movements and watches at its Neuchâtel manufacture,
combining Italian design.